CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 20, 2008

the mom lingo -bingo

So, I have no idea where my camera is. That's why I'm suckin it up in the blogging district. I was just having a few thoughts as i was reading some friends blogs and decided to type. A couple different friends have typed up their kids nick names and I just think that it is so funny, i love them and i love when people post them. But it also made me think about the mom language. I talked to a couple girls about it before but I find it amazing that when you become a mom (it seems) you begin rhyming all you words, like canyon is canyon manyon, sheridan becomes sheridan meridan, or sher bear, i don't think i ever would have uttered wowie kazowie before i had children. Or filling in words like Grumplestiltskin or Frumplestiltskin . Or trying out new forms of descriptive words -what a cutey cuterson? or pretty von frump girl? What possesses us to speak this way?

No comments: