CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Well it's 2009...

and things are staring to change for us already! Chris and I have not had cash flow since our last loan disbursement in March (2008). We luckily had a bit in savings and have been living off that for a while. But we have both been feeling a lot of stress lately as the money is dwindling into nothing. Part of our stress was totaling the car but we got an upgrade for the same price as the totaled check. Score! Dad actually helped us out with that and we are extremely grateful because the check is the only thing left in our account. And I'm pregnant and you all know they aren't free. Well Chris got the part time tutor thing but that doesn't pay too much.

Now for some good news, (pregnant is good too, but it has added a little stress) I got a job and I will be the bread maker! literally and figuratively, ah punny. I am starting the 4 am shift as a baker in Scottsdale next week. My Dad laughed when I told him what time I'd be working, yes he knows me well enough that I didn't really know that 3am existed (the time i have to wake to get to work in time). Maybe I shouldn't be sharing our financial situation with everyone but I feel like I have just been under a grumpy fog lately and it seems that the weather is finally clearing a bit. Chris received his diploma in the mail yesterday, it actually declares him a Doctor of Medicine. Yippee Skippee. I am just overjoyed for him! Things are already looking better.

Although, Sheridan is sicker than a dog and actually got a breathing treatment tonight at the urgent care (which did absolutely nothing). And if you want a private room instead of sitting in the waiting room, just have your kid vomit everywhere, twice. They'll take you right back, even if you aren't registered yet! We finally got some drugs (three of them) into her and the poor sweet thing is actually sleeping instead of coughing tonight.

Canyon is good. The boy is so smart. I wasn't going to be one of those moms that thinks their kid is gifted (I'm satisfied with average kids, their great too!) but now I think Canyon is. Not really, I just don't know what average is, and I think he's above for an unschooled 4 year old. He reads, he can read! long vowels, short vowels, silent h's, consecutive consonants (i.e.; st, sm, pl , you might be surprised how tricky those are!) He is amazing!

I hope the year is fantabulous for you all! Oh and Chris could be posting blogs on a trial run or just occasionaly as he said this blog sucks. I know it does. Sometimes I try to be witty, but it doesn't come out that way; just lame. Oh and Chris and I are singing in church on Sunday. Should be interesting. I'll update you on how it went.

11 comments:

The Frosts said...

Congrats on the job. That is going to be great fun getting up at 3. I'm glad things are looking up for you guys.

Emily said...

3 AM? You are crazy! But you are super talented and I'm sure the bakery is going to love you and your pastries!

I think you are wonder woman for working while you pregnant! I'm glad the future is looking better for you guys.

Melanie said...

Good luck with the baking!! THat will be a fun challenge so early in the morning. Do you get to make cool cakes and stuff?!!

Susan said...

Lacy, I totally understand about trials and posting on the blog and wondering if you will ever have anything funny or witty to say again!! I feel like everytime I say anything on my blog, its negative. Which my life really isnt, but you know you just have struggles to work through and it sucks sometimes. So, tell me about the drugs you had to take to get pregnant? i didnt even know you were trying to and couldnt without drugs. Really, fill me in!! I have yet another doctors appointment on Thursday... I never imagined being 26 with only 1 child!!!

Urban Domestics said...

I think your blog is amazing and if Chris thinks he can do better, then let him have at it! 4:00 AM? That is early, but I have faith in you! And, I can't wait o benefit from your new and improved knowledge! Go get 'em girl!
Love, Mom

ShanaMarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShanaMarie said...

Welcome to my life....lol I go to bed at 8pm wake up at 1 am deliver papers home by 4:45 then back up at 7:05 to get three kids ready for school then I am off to work at flower shop from 9:30am-4pm. So I am a full time mom (which they say is like 2 regular full time jobs) I deliver papers 7 days a week, and flower shop 4 days a week. When your ready to lay in a coma with me let me know!

Julie Williams said...

Congratulations on the job. Good luck, you will be the best bread baker. Also, Chris great job on the getting your diploma!! I hope Sheridan feels better soon. Tell everyone hello.

Skeeter said...

Yay!!! You got the job. Good luck with it. I know you will do awesome! Love you sis!!!
p.s. your blog doesn't suck! I love it! Especially your background. =)

Karabear said...

Congrats on your job of course, You will do amazingly! And Canyon can READ?! Are you serious? I'm totally seconding the gifted bit, I know 5 year olds who can't even read yet! He's so amazing. Poor Sher-bear... Tell everyone that I love them and miss them. And show them my pictures sometime so they remember us. Love you guys!

Lyle and Jaime said...

oh my heck!!! Hi! How are you? What are you up to???? I haven't seen you in forever and Alyssa Judd never knows anything about you :( (she married my cousin)
Keep in touch!!!
Jaime Carlson Trone