CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

hell week

So, for real, mad props to single moms! I'm just single while Chris is doing a rotation in Utah right now, and I'm strugglin'. It hasn't really been a week from hell just a couple days but the week isn't over yet and it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Anyway, I've heard about kids frantically screaming in the dentist chair, but I've now experienced it first hand! It was a nightmare!!! I took canyon to the dentist last week, and he had a cavity on each side, so I had to take him back yesterday to have them filled, they eventually had to wrap him in the velcro blanket thing, switch dentists and i started crying on top of it all, yeah that's exactly what the nice dentists need, a crying mom who can't control her kid. It was so traumatic, and he has to go back and get the other side done, because they couldn't finish. He is going back with Chris, that's all there is to it. So today, Sheridan goes down for her nap and 1/2 hour later is crying, not typical, so i go in and she is covered in what else but poop. So gross. I don't remember signing up for this! Then we had soccer practice where I chase Sheridan around for a half hour, and I did my visiting teaching. I seriously cannot wait for my mom and big sis to come and help me pack this weekend, I'll probably cry when they leave. Also when they get here as relief pours over me, I won't be alone for two days!! I do love my kids, and I keep trying to remind myself the joy of motherhood comes in moments. But the dentisty, poopy moments are not in that category my friends.

4 comments:

The Frosts said...

That sounds like the best time ever! I really hate cleaning up poopy and barf messes. It is not my favorite part of mothering. You are a brave woman. I have still never spent a night alone without another adult in the house. If Trav goes somewhere, I make Alyssa come protect me. That sounds like a really bad dentist experience. I am not looking forward to those days. I still get pretty teary eyed when Porter gets a shot. We moms are under rated!

Cassie Lee said...

Lacy! I'm so excited you're moving to AZ! We should have a party! It's weird cause everyone's coming back. Your little family is incredibly cute. I can't believe Canyon is in soccer! Your kids are old! Do you guys know where you're going to live yet?

Andrea said...

Motherhood is not for WIMPS. It takes a lot of hard work. I can symapthize with you. Good Luck with your move.

Heather said...

I am glad that I am not the only one. Simeon like to take his diaper off and run around the house and pee on the carpet. A couple of time when I hae put him in his crib for a nap he has pooped and taken his diaper off and he like to throw the poop out of his crib so when i go to check on him his bare butt is in the air and there is poop everywhere. Its great!